Open Position: Senior Trademark and Internet Attorney
Winterfeldt IP Group, a boutique IP firm based in Washington DC, is seeking a senior trademark and Internet Attorney. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of dedicated experience in at least several of the following:
1. all aspects of trademark portfolio management, including counseling, clearance, and prosecution;
2. trademark enforcement, including development enforcement strategies, negotiating settlement agreements, and supporting TTAB proceedings;
3. domain portfolio management and domain name enforcement including UDRP complaints and similar proceedings;
4. social media strategy and enforcement in connection with usage of trademarks and brand-related elements;
5. transactional IP matters, such as negotiation of license agreements;
6. internet policy matters, including ICANN-related issues; and
7. copyright matters.
Our ideal candidate would have a solid foundation in trademark portfolio, domain name, and ICANN matters, including experience with attending ICANN meetings and participating in the multi-stakeholder model. The candidate must be able to work out of our Washington D.C. office and must be a member of the DC Bar, or a member of another state bar and willing and able to become barred in D.C. While we are primarily seeking a senior attorney for this role, exceptional practicing IP attorneys with at least 2-4 years of experience in the areas listed above, including complex Internet enforcement and ICANN matters, may be considered for an Associate position. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the current posting, we are always happy to hear from qualified intellectual property attorneys and paralegals (particularly with specialized trademark and Internet experience), as well as experienced legal support professionals, who would like to explore opportunities to work with us in the future. If you would like us to keep your resume on file, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.