Our diverse team is our greatest asset. To further our goal of providing our clients with the highest caliber of legal advice and service, we recruit and work to retain the best attorneys and support staff who offer the specialized skills and experience our clients require. Hiring and promotion decisions are always merit-based, and we support our potential and current team members in thriving regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, gender or gender identity, religious beliefs, family status, or disability.
We view personal and firm-wide commitments to diversity and inclusion at the core of our license to operate, and as such, our team members are highly engaged in a variety of activities in connection with organizations serving diverse and disadvantaged populations. We offer pro bono legal services to several such organizations, including those supporting LGBT members of the legal community, LGBTQ youth, persons with disabilities, women and girls seeking leadership opportunities, and sexual assault survivors. Members of our team have also participated in a broad range of diversity-related industry events, such as the Lavender Law Conference (for LGBT legal professionals), Minority Corporate Counsel Association conferences, diversity-related webinars and panels, and client-sponsored symposia addressing legal industry diversity issues.
Our team's diversity activities in recent years include the following:
- Speaker at several symposia and published articles for the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession (IILP)
- Active member of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA)
- Key member of the LGBT Bar, who has chaired the Intellectual Property Law Institute and has supported the annual Lavender Law diversity legal conference for the past several years
- Member of the board for The Trevor Project, the leading provider of suicide prevention and crisis management services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth in the United States, and sits on the Executive Committee for Trevor as Secretary for the organization
- Board member for the National Center for Health Research, a nonprofit organization that includes advocating for the health and safety of women and families
Our team members have also received the following diversity-related awards:
- Prestigious Rainmaker Award by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association in 2013, an award given to only 15 diverse partners in the United States who distinguish themselves by being leading practitioners with robust practices
- Winner of 2011 Best LGBT Attorneys Under 40, by the National LGBT Bar Association
- 2014 recipient of the Managing IP In-house Counsel Award at the America’s Women in Business Law Awards
- 2014 International Trademark Association Volunteer Service Award, awarded in connection with the team’s work on trademark matters for diversity-related pro bono clients
- Certified by the National LGBT
Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) as a LGBT Business Enterprise in 2018