Enforcement is a critical component of any trademark portfolio management program. From small start-up business to large global corporations, brand owners of all sizes and industries need to defend against unauthorized use of their brands in order to prevent confusion in the marketplace, protect consumers against bad actors, and maintain the strength of their trademarks.
Please join us for a webinar that will explore how to counteract infringers who are increasingly sophisticated and widespread by developing and executing enforcement programs that are both effective and adaptable. Specific topics will include:
• Why enforcement is necessary for all brand owners, regardless of size or industry;
• Strategies for implementing and executing an enforcement program that is cohesive, manageable and adaptable, including both brick and mortar and digital enforcement;
• Determining the optimal enforcement strategy for each incidence of infringement, from low-conflict to more aggressive approaches;
• Getting results from cease and desist letters;
• Best practices for favorable settlement negotiations; and
• Escalating enforcement matters to official proceedings (such as before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board or equivalent) or litigation.
Brian J. Winterfeldt, Founder and Principal, Winterfeldt IP Group, PLLC
• Mark Bearfoot, Tommy Hilfiger
• Nicola Borthwick, Philip Morris International
• Renee Keen, Facebook
• Allison McDade, 7-11
• David Rome, Winterfeldt IP Group, PLLC
CLE credit pending in California and New York.