The year-end holiday season can represent up to 40% of annual sales for consumer-facing brands, especially for items that tend to be popular holiday gifts. While the season tends to be a most profitable time of the year for both traditional and online retailers, as well as a most enjoyable time of the year for consumers, the holidays are also a prime period for counterfeiting and infringement due to the volume of sales and high demand for certain products.
Please join Winterfeldt IP Group for a webinar that will explore the impact of the holiday shopping season on intellectual property protection, including the following topics:
• Overview of key enforcement issues facing brand owners as we approach the end of 2020, including the new and increasing challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic;
• Discussion of why the holiday season requires extra vigilance for both brand owners and consumers;
• Strategies brand owners can implement quickly and efficiently to reduce incidents of and the impact of infringement and counterfeiting;
• How holiday shoppers can differentiate between authentic and counterfeit products, particularly when shopping on online marketplaces; and
• Whether a brand owner or consumer, how and where to report suspected infringement and counterfeiting.
Brian J. Winterfeldt, Founder and Principal, Winterfeldt IP Group, PLLC
• Christina Mitropoulos, American Apparel & Footwear Association
• Michael Moore, Mattel, Inc.
• Lisa O'Hal, VF Corporation
• Zach Toczyński, Levi Strauss & Co.
CLE credit pending in California and New York.