The USPTO recently issued its Final Rule implementing the Trademark Modernization Act of 2020, with some provisions effective as early as December 18, 2021. Given the importance of the TMA and its impact on trademark practice and workflow in our industry, Winterfeldt IP Group will be holding a webinar on Thursday, December 9, at 12:00 pm EST to discuss the Final Rule. Please join us for this timely and informative program, which will review the following key provisions of the Final Rule:
- Differences between the prior Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and the Final Rule as issued;
- Updates on flexible Office action response periods, their timelines and fees;
- Changes to ex parte cancellation procedures, including updated best practices for both petitioners and respondents;
- Changes to attorney recognition requirements; and
- Planning for United States trademark portfolio workflow and management in 2022 and beyond in light of the TMA.
- Brian J. Winterfeldt, Founder and Principal, Winterfeldt IP Group, PLLC
- David Rome, Of Counsel, Winterfeldt IP Group, PLLC