Winterfeldt IP Group's final webinar for 2020, "Smart Holiday Shopping and Selling: Avoiding Counterfeits and Protecting Your Brand," was held on December 3, 2020. We are pleased to make the full video recording available on a complimentary basis! Please see the program details below:
The year-end holiday season can represent up to 40% of annual sales for consumer-facing brands, especially for items that tend to be popular holiday gifts. While the season tends to be a most profitable time of the year for both traditional and online retailers, as well as a most enjoyable time of the year for consumers, the holidays are also a prime period for counterfeiting and infringement due to the volume of sales and high demand for certain products.
Winterfeldt IP Group recently hosted a webinar that explored the impact of the holiday shopping season on intellectual property protection, including the following topics:
• Overview of key enforcement issues facing brand owners as we approach the end of 2020, including the new and increasing challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic;
• Discussion of why the holiday season requires extra vigilance for both brand owners and consumers;
• Strategies brand owners can implement quickly and efficiently to reduce incidents of and the impact of infringement and counterfeiting;
• How holiday shoppers can differentiate between authentic and counterfeit products, particularly when shopping on online marketplaces; and
• Whether a brand owner or consumer, how and where to report suspected infringement and counterfeiting.
Brian J. Winterfeldt, Founder and Principal, Winterfeldt IP Group, PLLC
• Christina Mitropoulos, American Apparel & Footwear Association
• Michael Moore, Mattel, Inc.
• Lisa O'Hal, VF Corporation
• Zach Toczyński, Levi Strauss & Co.
Please view a copy of the full video recording here (no password is needed). Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you would like to receive a copy of the slide deck displayed during the program.
Thank you for your support of and interest in our programs in 2020. Please stay tuned for the announcement regarding our first webinar of 2021, which we will be sending out shortly after the New Year. Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season!